Thursday, December 4, 2014

baby & me: night owls

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a little owl! What does an owl say? Hoot Hoot!




Books We Read: 
Goodnight Owl-  Dwell Studio
Beddy Bye Baby- Katz
Goodnight Me- Daddo






Flannel Story: Where Is Owl?

I brought out my trusty tree felt set. I hid a cute little owl behind one tree and we looked for her.

(tune: Frere Jacques)
Where is owl? Where is Owl?
Here I am, here I am!
Hiding behind yellow tree, hiding behind yellow tree
Look and see! Look and see!

After we found the owl, I asked what she was doing in the tree? Looks like she is sleeping in there!

I think I got this flannel idea from Miss Tracy at Little Storybug a while back. It’s so fun & you can hide virtually anything behind the trees. I have a lion, an elephant, & a bird so far. 




Puppet Songs: 

The Owl in the Tree (tune: The Wheels on the Bus)

The owl in the tree says Hoot Hoot Hoot, 
Hoot Hoot Hoot, 
Hoot Hoot, Hoot,
The owl in the tree says Hoot Hoot Hoot,
All night long!


Then I brought out the little owl from the yellow box and we sang Two Fuzzy Owls (variation of the Blackbird song!)

2 fuzzy owls sitting in a tree
One named Dan, the other named Dee
Fly away Dan, fly away Dee
Come back Dan! Come back Dee!

But what if our owls were at the mall?

2 fuzzy owls shopping at the mall
One named BIG, the other named Small.
Fly away BIG! Fly away Small!
Come back BIG! Come back Small!

We had another wonderful group today with lots of familiar faces. Many of my babies will be toddlers soon!!! It's been amazing watching them grow from tiny babies in their mom’s laps to walkers. One little girl was even helping me pass out the shaky eggs today. I just love this age group and the parents are so nice. Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment