Thursday, December 11, 2014

baby & me: give me a hand (or a foot or a belly, etc.!)

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a pig! What does a pig say? Do you have any piggies? Your toes are your piggies!





Puppet Rhyme: This Little Piggy

I found this clipart on sale at etsy.com so I made it into little stick puppets for this well known nursery rhyme that is just perfect for toes.

This little piggy went to market
This little piggy stayed home
This little piggy ate roast beef
This little piggy had none
And this little piggy cried wee wee wee 
all the way home.





Books We Read: 
Where Is Baby’s Yummy Tummy? - Katz
Here Are My Hands- Martin
Whose Toes are Those?- Asim


Flannel Story: Hands Are Clapping




I’ve been searching for a good flannel board about body parts and I finally found this one on Mel’s Desk. I also found a Jbrary video for it on youtube. 

I just printed some clipart pictures for each verse. Its nice because everyone can do the motions as well as sing along because the lyrics are super easy.


Hands are clapping, clap clap clap
Hands are clapping, clap clap clap
Hands are clapping, clap clap clap
Clap your hands, my darling!

Repeat with:
Feet are kicking, 
Arms are stretching, 
then…

Eyes are hiding, Peek a boo!
Eyes are hiding, Peek a boo!
Eyes are hiding, Peek a boo!
Peek a boo my darling!

We had a wonderful class today, great attendance too!




No comments:

Post a Comment