Friday, November 7, 2014

toddler time: bears

Today, our toddler theme was BEARS!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a bear! What does a bear say?

We passed out paper bear faces to everyone & sang:

Hold your bear up, hold your bear down
Hold your bear & turn around

Hold your bear up, hold your bear down
Put your bear on the ground.

Also:

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around,
(turn around)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground.
(touch the ground)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, show your shoe,
(put foot forward)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, I love you.
(hug yourself)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch your nose,
(touch nose)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch your toes.
(touch toes)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn out the light, “click”
(pretend to turn out light with hand)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, say, “Goodnight.”
(rest head on folded hands)




Books We Read:
In My Den- Gillingham
Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See- Carle & Martin
Mama’s Little Bears- Tafuri



Flannel Story: Mr Bear Plays Ball



Brown bear’s not tired,
He wants to play!  
He wants to catch the RED ball today.
Is this the red ball?

It was fun pointing to all the colors and letting the kids tell me when I'd found the right color. A nice change from a rhyme or song and a bit more relaxed.

This flannel board is from My Storytime Life but I did switch from a polar bear to a brown bear.


 Puppet Song: This theme was perfect for my Folkmanis Bear in a Tree Stump puppet so we sang one of my favorite songs: Wake Up Bear.

(tune is Frere Jacques)

Where is Bear, where is bear?
 Here I am! Here I am!
How are you today Bear?
Very sleepy, thank you!
Go to sleep! Go to sleep!


Craft:



I found this puppet worksheet from Love to Teach on Hibernating Animals so we made the bears with one side sleeping, one side awake. Kids just colored the bears, cut them out, folded in half and glued the two sides together with a popsicle stick in the middle.

Today was a crazy day! We had plumbing problems on the lower level this morning so we moved our program to the main floor. It’s a bigger area but there are so many distractions. Then the stereo was malfunctioning so I couldn’t do any of my cd songs. But the flannel board  & puppet song were great and we had a lot of kids so it was a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment