Friday, October 3, 2014

toddler time: on the bus

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a bus. What color is it?



We passed out paper buses to all the kids and sang:

Hold your bus up high
Hold your bus down low
Hold your bus & turn around
Hold your bus up high
Hold your bus down low
Put your bus on the ground.




Books We Read: 
Wheels on the Bus- Ellwand
Bus Stop - Hellen
My Bus- Barton



Prop Song/Flannel Board: Bob the Driver

I adapted this song from a great blog called Librarian Lisa's Storytimes. In her post, Bob's bus has a horn (so cute!) but I had some animals on my bus that needed a song so I changed it up a little. The tune is "Old MacDonald Had a Farm", of course!

Bob the driver had a bus e-i-e-i-o
And on his bus there was a DOG, e-i-e-i-o
With a woof, woof, here and a woof, woof there
Here a woof, there a woof, everywhere a woof, woof 
Bob the driver had a bus e-i-e-i-o.

We also had a:
Bee – buzz
Pig – oink
Duck- quack
Bird - tweet

My bus is just a tissue box with some clipart taped on it and it was perfect for this song!


Craft:



Cut & paste bus printed from a wonderful website called Homemade Preschool. I found lots of great printable craft ideas on this site!

We had a nice crowd but a little smaller than recent classes with about 18 kids. I loved the books and my bus prop was awesome (though I was losing some of the kids by the time we got to it & wished we had done it earlier.) All in all, a fun program!


No comments:

Post a Comment