Friday, October 10, 2014

toddler time: i'm a little cupcake

Mystery Box: When we opened the yellow box, we found a cupcake (laminated clipart with a cute face!) Who likes cupcakes?  I do! 

We sang a cupcake song that I made up myself. The tune is an old classic: “I’m a Little Teapot”

I’m a little cupcake short & sweet
Very tasty and fun to eat
If you like frosting with all your might
Pick me up & take a bite!

Not bad! You could even add some easy actions, like acting out words such as "short", "eat" and "bite" and point on "you".

We passed out small paper cupcakes to the kids and sang:

The cupcakes are here, the cupcakes are there
The cupcakes, the cupcakes are everywhere!

The cupcakes are up, the cupcakes are down
The cupcakes, the cupcakes are all around

The cupcakes are in, the cupcakes are out
The cupcakes the cupcakes are all about





Books We Read:
If You Give a Cat a Cupcake- Numeroff (a little long for my toddlers but we did it early in the program and many kids were loving it!)
You Are My Cupcake- Wan (short & sweet!)
You are my Little Cupcake- Sklansky (thinking I will save this for Baby & Me instead)


Felt Board: Down Around the Corner at the Bakery Shop with puppets (borrowed from Storytime Katie)


yummy clip art cupcakes

hopeful cupcake customers


Down around the corner at the bakery shop
Were five yummy cupcakes with sprinkles on top
Along comes (puppet) with a dollar to pay
He/she picks out a cupcake and takes it away
(continue with four, three, two, and one)

Colorful clipart cupcakes found here at Molly Moo.






Craft: Cats with Cupcakes Puppets

Printable found here, along with lots of nice Numeroff ideas on this site!

I found this cute printable so I printed copies on cardstock for the kids to color. We added a foamie cupcake and popsicle stick for a fun easy craft.

Before we started our craft, all the kids brought up their cupcakes to feed to our Kitty! I found this cute clipart online at Totally Tots!




A really fun theme that everyone seemed to love! I loved my puppet flannel story as well as the craft. Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment