Thursday, October 2, 2014

baby & me: leaves are falling

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found two LEAVES. What color are they?



Books We Read: 
Hello Fall- Sanrio Company and Jean Hirashima (we waved to the items on each page)
Very Busy Squirrel- Tafuri
Barnyard Baby- by Elise Broach and Cori Doerrfeld (more interactive if you ask everyone to do farm animal noises with you)


Puppet Rhyme: I could not have a fall themed program without bringing out my adorable Folkmanis squirrel puppet! 

Gray Squirrel, Gray Squirrel
Swish your bushy tail.
Gray Squirrel, Gray Squirrel
Swish your bushy tail.
Wrinkle up your little nose.
Hold a nut between your toes.
Gray Squirrel, Gray Squirrel
Swish your bushy tail.




Flannel Story: Five Little Leaves

I used the felt tree puppet I made a while back. The trunk is actually brown felt rolled into a cylinder type shape and the edges are hot glued together so I can put my hand inside it.

5 little leaves in the tall tall tree
As bright and pretty as they can be
Along came the wind (everyone BLOW!)
Blowing all around
And one bright leaf
Fell to the ground.

Four little leaves…
(credit Storytime Katie )


Fun Baby Rhyme for Fall:

Way up high in the apple tree, (lift baby)
I saw two little apples smiling at me.

I shook the tree as hard as I could. (shake baby gently)
Down came the apples. Mmm, were they good! (lower baby & hug.)

Another wonderful class today even though the room was VERY full. All the parents were joining, it was very fun! Great theme too!

No comments:

Post a Comment