Friday, October 17, 2014

baby & me: big or little?

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a spider!




Books We Read: 
So Big- Yaccarino (perfect for babies!)
Now I Am Big- Krensky
Big and Small- Teckentrup

Flannel Story: Here’s a Ball -- inspired by What Happens in Storytime

I thought this was a great felt board for my big/little theme today. I used clipart balls instead of felt ones to save time.



Here’s a ball and here’s a ball
A great big ball I see!
Can we count them? Are you ready? 1, 2, 3!


Puppet Rhyme: We sang the Itsy Bitsy Spider song for the finger puppet version. Then I brought out my hand puppet spider and we sang the Big Enormous Spider. I love when its a song that everyone knows so all the adults are singing along.

This was a fun theme! The Yaccarino book and the spider puppets were my favorites. We had a very nice group of about 22 little ones and some new babies today. One of the dads told me that they use my shaker egg song "We Shake Our Eggs Together" all the time at home and they even bought a set of shakey eggs of their own.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amy, I live your blog!
    May I ask you from where did you get your black finger puppet spider? I have been looking one for my baby girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! That puppet was actually at my job when I first started many years ago so I have no idea where it came from. The tag says its made by Folkmanis tho if that helps.

      Delete