Thursday, October 23, 2014

baby & me: bats & cats!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a black cat! What does a cat say?



Books We Read: 
Little Boo- Yoon (perfect for today, the babies loved it)
Little Black Book- Khatami (so cute!)
Five Black Cats- Hegarty
Look at the Animals- Linenthal

Flannel Story: Black Cat, Black Cat



A cat/halloween version of Little Mouse is perfect for our theme today! I already used this for a previous cat themed baby program so all I needed for this morning was a black cat.

We said:
Black cat, black cat
are you hiding under the COLOR hat?

...until we found him hiding beneath the black hat, of course.


Puppet Rhyme: Flutter, Flutter Little Bat

I found a few different versions of this song online. The one that I used is based on Storytime Katie’s version. Love her blog! The tune is "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".


Flutter, flutter little bat
How I wonder where you’re at

Up above the midnight sky
Peeking down with shiny eyes

Flutter, flutter little bat
How I wonder where you’re at


This was a fun theme! My favorite parts of the program were the felt board and the bat puppet song. We had a wonderful group today and everyone was participating. The weather was rainy and cold, so our group was a bit smaller with about 17 babies. My throat has been bugging me this week and I was a little nervous about making it thru the program without a major coughing fit but everything went perfectly. The smaller sized group helped because I didn't have to sing or read as loudly as usual. Great morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment