Friday, August 15, 2014

baby & me: MORE things that go

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a picture of a TRUCK. What color is our truck? Red!



Books We Read: 
Baby Goes Beep- O'Connell
Zoom Zoom Baby - Katz
Noodle Loves to Drive- Nosy Crow

Flannel Story: 
White Truck, White Truck, What Do You See?
(transportation take off on Brown Bear, Brown Bear) See my post here! Worked great and I love how everyone sings along! I found this amazing idea on a wonderful blog called Read It Again!



Puppet Song:



I stumbled upon this puppet while browsing around ebay a few weeks ago. It was one of those days and I was looking for an inexpensive "pick me up" to cheer me up! The auction was ending in ten minutes and it was a totally spur of the moment purchase. I was nervous it might be a mistake but the truck is super cute -- the wheels spin, the horn honks, two adorable finger puppets are driving it -- what more could you ask for?!!! Plus, it's great for this kind of theme. 

We sang this song when I pulled it out of my big straw box:

The Wheels on the Truck
(Adapted by Laura Douglas. Sing to the tune of "Wheels on the Bus.")
The wheels on the truck go round and round
Round and round
Round and round
The wheels on the truck go round and round
All through the town.
(Also: The driver of the truck goes up and down...
The horn on the truck goes honk, honk, honk...)

Great program today with a HUGE crowd and tons of new faces. I hope they come back. Not all at once on the same day though because I feel bad when we run out of seats and they have to sit on tables in the back of the room. Very nice group and also very appreciative!

No comments:

Post a Comment