Thursday, August 28, 2014

baby & me: colors & shapes

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found some SHAPES: a red circle, a blue square & an orange triangle.



I made these shapes the night before my program from foam sheets with some glitter on the edges. The babies seemed mesmerized! I think it was the glitter, it just makes everything better.

We sang:

Do you know what shape this is, what shape this is, what shape this is?
Do you know what shape this is? It's a (circle, square, triangle)!
(tune: Do You Know the Muffin Man)



Books We Read: 
Dino Shapes- MacDonald (fun!! I did skip some of the text to make it more baby friendly)
Where is Baby’s Beach Ball- Katz (Because a ball is round like a circle)
Maisy’s First Colors- Cousins (no time today, will save it for upcoming FOOD or COLOR theme)



Flannel Story: Red Circle, Red Circle, What Do You See

My shape version of Brown Bear, Brown Bear was a hit! As always, we sang it to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle".





Puppet Song: Roly Poley the hedgehog made another appearance finally! I've missed him.

We did Roly Poley & Peekaboo with him

Where is Hedgehog? Peeka BOO!
Where is Hedgehog? Peeka BOO!
Where is Hedgehog? Peeka BOO!
Peekaboo to Hedgehog!


Roly Poley, Roly Poley
Up Up Up
Roly Roly Poley, Roley Roley Poley
Down Down Down

(try with In & Out and Fast & Slow! I sing it to "Are You Sleeping?" like I saw in a Jbrary video-- love them!)

Wonderful class today with about 20 babies. Why haven't I done more programs with shapes? I think I was afraid it might be boring but it was great! And I love my new bubble blower that looks like an ice cream cone! Works great & found it at the dollar store.

Some of the moms were nice enough to invite me out to lunch with them but I had to get ready for our summer reading party this afternoon. I'm so lucky to have a really amazing group of parents here. They are so kind to me and really appreciative of my programs; some days I almost forget that I'm working LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment