Tuesday, July 22, 2014

toddler time: fabulous frogs

Our theme for Toddler Time today was FROGS.

Mystery Box: When we opened the yellow box, we found a frog puppet. What color is a frog? What does a frog say?


We passed out paper frogs to all the kids and sang:

Hold your frog up high
Hold your frog down low
Hold your frog & turn around
Hold your frog up high
Hold your frog down low
Put your frog on the ground.

We also used our frog puppets for this song:

Froggy’s hopping on my toes, on my toes, on my toes
Froggy’s hopping on my toes 
Ribbit Ribbit Ribbit!
(tune: London Bridge is Falling Down)




Books We Read:
Who Can Jump- Braun (lift the flap but kind of small?)
Jump- Fischer (interactive and fun to sing)
Icky Sticky Frog- Bentley/Yoon (great with funny sound effects like SLURP and WHOOP!)
The Croaky Pokey- Long (so cute but we ran out of time!)
The Noisy Counting Book -Schade (love this one & saving it for next time!)



Prop Story: I See Six Green Frogs (tune: Happy Birthday)




This one is so easy! I use a long brown wrapping paper roll for my log and velcro'd the frogs to it. We count the frogs 1 thru 6 then sing:

I see 6 green frogs
I see 6 green frogs
I see 6 green frogs
But one hopped away!
Bye bye frog!

Count ‘em up and sing it again until all the frogs have left the log.


Puppets: 2 Little Froggies


I used my Mr Frog puppet along with another frog puppet & I velcroed a pink bow to her head to make her more girly!

2 little froggies sitting on a hill
One named Jack, one named Jill
Hop away Jack, Hop away Jill
Hop back Jack, Hop back Jill


Craft #1: Party blower Frogs


Lots of cute ideas and good templates for this craft available on the web! Here's a good one at Making Learning Fun!






Craft #2: Pompom Frogs

I found this idea here. These frogs are so cute and all you need are green foam sheets, sticky eyes and pompoms for the body. Unfortunately, we had so many people that I could hardly get thru one craft today. Saving this one for our next frog program.

Lots of kids today and it was a bit hard to get their attention. They LOVED the prop story! The Icky Sticky Frog book and the craft were great too. FUN theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment