Thursday, July 17, 2014

preschool fun: feelings

Today our preschool theme was FEELINGS.



Books We Read:
Grumpy Bird- Tankard (I read this one 1st because it’s the longest)
Feelings - Balouch
How Do Dinosaurs Say I’m Mad- Yolen
Feelings Book- Parr
I Say You Say: Feelings - Carpenter (love this series)
If You’re Happy & You Know It- Cabrera



Flannel Story: Feelings Flannel Board 



I was a little nervous about making my own felt faces but now I'm in love with them! I found this flannel board idea here and it was awesome! I did switch out SILLY and add in SAD. Maybe next time, I’d add silly back in if I can make a good silly felt face.


I would place the face on the board first & ask the kids what they thought the face was feeling. Then I’d put up the matching word. We sang this to the tune of BINGO and everyone clapped along.

When I'm feeling full of joy,
I am feeling happy!
H-A-P-P-Y
H-A-P-P-Y
H-A-P-P-Y
I am feeling happy!

When I'm feeling mad and mean,
I am feeling angry!
A-N-G-R-Y
A-N-G-R-Y
A-N-G-R-Y
I am feeling angry!

When I feel like I could cry,
I am feeling sad!
S-A-D
S-A-D
S-A-D
I am feeling sad!

When it's time to go to bed,
I am feeling tired.
T-I-R-E-D
T-I-R-E-D
T-I-R-E-D
I am feeling tired!




Craft: Feeling Stick Puppets



We made these cute puppets with a happy side & a sad side. I found my faces here


This was a fun theme, one that I've never tried before. I love that I've been doing this job for over 15 years but I'm still learning new things and improving my storytime skills! My favorite parts were the flannel board and the Cabrera book. The craft was easy to prepare and the kids seemed to really like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment