Monday, July 14, 2014

baby & me: in the garden


Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a SNAIL, which was perfect for today's GARDEN theme.




Books We Read: 
Slow Snail- Murphy
I Have a Garden- Barner
In My Garden- Schumaker


Flannel Story: Little Snail




I found a flannel board like this on etsy, loved the idea and decided it was simple enough to make it myself. 

I hid a clipart snail behind one of four felt pails and asked, “Little Snail, Little Snail, are you under the pink pail?” Repeat until you find him!



Puppet: Mr Snail & Mr Mouse

Found this puppet idea here & since I already have a mouse puppet, all I needed for this cute rhyme was a snail!




Here are the words:

Slowly, slowly, very slowly creeps the garden snail. (walk fingers up arm)
Slowly, slowly, very slowly up the wooden rail.
Quickly, quickly, very quickly runs the little mouse. (run fingers around child's belly)
Quickly, quickly, very quickly round about the house. (slip fingers under child's arm and tickle)

We did this rhyme once with the puppets and then ran through it again as a fingerplay/tickle rhyme.

Once again, no one came to the 10 am baby storytime session and I’m ready to call off this experiment. At least I can honestly say that we tried & it didn’t work. Our group has been perfectly sized lately anyway! This was a fun theme, especially the puppet rhyme!

No comments:

Post a Comment