Monday, July 7, 2014

baby & me: bedtime for baby

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a STAR! 



Books We Read: 
Good Night My Love- Magsamen (cute with flaps to lift)
Yawn- Symes (Love it! So fun to read))
Blankies- Thompson (ran out of time for this one)


Flannel Story: Rock a Bye Baby

I found this idea on another wonderful Flannel Friday post, of course! You can find it on an awesome blog called Storytime Secrets! She posts so many amazing ideas! Definitely one of my favorite blogs.



My clipart is from the website Making Learning Fun but for a completely different song/story. Most of the art seemed to match what I was looking for, so I borrowed it.

First, we sang the traditional song:

Rockabye BABY
on the tree top.
When the wind blows,
The cradle will rock. 
When the bough breaks
The cradle will fall.
And down will come BABY,
Cradle and all.


Then, I asked, “What if it was a kitty instead of a baby in our cradle?”

So we sang the song again & subbed in KITTY instead of BABY. This was a great flannel story because everyone knew the song and joined in. We also did BIRDIE. I have printed BUNNY, BUGGY, & DOGGY to use another day. Loved it!


Puppet: 5 Little Monkeys

I used my monkey finger puppets for this well known rhyme and it was another one that is so well known that everyone joined in. I just love that!!


Today was the second time that I offered a 10 am early class and once again ONE family showed up. They lived nearby so they preferred to come back for the 11 am class, and they did return so I was happy. We’ll try again next week. With the holiday weekend, I had no idea how big our group today would be but it was perfect, about 17 babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment