Thursday, June 19, 2014

baby & me: bees go buzz!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a BUMBLE BEE! What does a bee say? Buzzzz!




Books We Read: 
Peek-a-Love- Yoon (I LOVE this book, its just perfect for babies)
Buzz, Buzz, Baby- Katz
I Like Bugs- Siminovich

Flannel Story: Red Ant, Red Ant, What Do You See?




I printed some clipart bugs from Etsy to use for this insect felt board version of Brown Bear, Brown Bear. It was GREAT!


Puppet: Here Is a Beehive




I have a paper beehive and my glove puppet bees for this easy fingerplay. So cute! I found this idea here and use it all the time!

Here is a beehive. Where are the bees?
Hidden away where nobody sees.
Soon they come creeping out of the hive 

1-2-3-4-5! BUZZ!


Another large group today but not as huge as last week. Most people were participating and I didn’t hear a ton of chatting going on, so all was well.

After thinking things over and discussing it with my supervisor, we have decided to do a trial run of double baby sessions: our regular 11 am class and an additional “early bird” 10 am class. I’m hoping some people will come to the early class! We’ll see what happens next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment