Friday, June 27, 2014

baby & me: at the beach

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a beach ball, perfect for today's themes: SUMMER & the BEACH!




Books We Read:
Baby Loves Summer- Katz
1,2,3 in the Sea- DiCicco
Rainbow Fish Colors


Flannel Story: We’re Going to the Beach!




I printed some clipart pics to go with my beach theme: sand castle, seashell, starfish, etc. We sang this song to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell as we placed them on the felt board:

We’re going to the beach, we’re going to the beach
I think we’ll see a castle there
We’re going to the beach!

The tune was catchy so everyone joined in! Another great flannel idea from Storytime Secrets.


Puppet: 2 Little Fishies

I used my finger puppet fish for this one

2 little fishies swimming in the sea
One named Lois, one named Lee
Swim away Lois, swim away Lee
Swim back Lois, swim back Lee

Simple but really fun!


Well, only one person showed up for the early bird class today. We’ll try again next week. This week’s group was big but not crazy big, and chatting wasn’t too bad. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment