Friday, May 9, 2014

toddler time: driving in my car!

Our theme for Toddler Time today was CARS! 

Mystery Box: When we opened the yellow box, we found a red car. Who is driving the car? Would YOU like to drive a car?




We handed out paper plate steering wheels to everyone and sang this song:

I’m driving in my car, I’m driving in my car
Beep beep, toot toot! I’m driving in my car!
(I’m driving very fast… & I’m driving very slow…)




Books We Read:
My Car- Barton (after this one we had to sing the Wheels on the Bus)
Red Light, Green Light - Suen (sing to tune of Twinkle, Twinkle)
Toot Toot Beep Beep- Garcia (ran out of time)



Flannel Story: Red Car, Red Car, What Do You See?




As I placed different colored cars on the flannel board, we said this rhyme in the style of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See.



Puppet: Twinkle, Twinkle, Traffic Light (see first photo)


Twinkle, twinkle traffic light
on the corner burning bright.
Red means STOP
Green means GO
Yellow means go very slow.
Twinkle, twinkle traffic light
on the corner burning bright.

We flashed our fingers as we sang this song (also to the tune Twinkle Twinkle)


Craft: Car Puppets



I printed these cute car templates onto car stock and we decorated them with crayons & stickers. Then we cut them out & put them on craft sticks.Very cute! I found the printable here.

Another great group today! the room was full but not crowded and I loved the books and activities for our theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment