Friday, May 9, 2014

baby & me: sheep

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a sheep. What does a sheep say? 



Books We Read: 
Hello Day- Lobel (not sure why but this one never fails me!)
I Heard a Little Baa- McLeod (i love this but it was my third book and we know how that usually goes)
Noodle Loves the Farm- Billet (short & sweet)


Flannel Story: Mary Had a Little Lamb



We sang the first lines of this classic song but switched it up with different color sheep: red as a rose, green as grass, blue as the sea/sky, black as the night



Puppet: Baa Baa Black Sheep



I found this cute reversible puppet on ebay a few weeks ago. You just run it inside out to change from a black sheep into a white one! We sang this song twice, once for the black sheep and once for the white sheep.


It was a damp, rainy spring day and I had no idea what size crowd to expect this morning. We began with a normal size group and then about 10 minutes in, it was like the baby train made a stop as more and more people wandered into the story room! In the end, we had a huge group but a nice program with minimal chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment