Saturday, May 17, 2014

baby & me: wild about animals!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a lion. What does a lion say? 




Books We Read: 
Hello Baby- Fox (I liked this one!)
You Are My Baby:Safari – Siminovich (hard to hold & turn pages)



Flannel Story: Where Is Lion?




I hid a little felt lion behind a tree and we sang:
Where is Lion? Where is Lion?
Here I am! Here I am!
Hiding behind green tree, hiding behind green tree
Look and see! Look and see!
(tune: Are You Sleeping)

Puppet: We’re Going to the Zoo (see this post)

I brought out my jungle finger puppet set and we sang:
We’re going to the zoo, we’re going to the zoo
I think we’ll see a lion there, we’re going to the zoo!
(Tune: Farmer in the Dell)


We had a TON of people for today’s program, so many babies! One caregiver told me he didn’t think there were this many babies in the whole neighborhood. There was some talking and it annoyed me, but when I sang, most people sang along. Time to switch up the room arrangement for bigger groups like I did last spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment