Saturday, April 19, 2014

toddler time: here is a bunny!

Our theme for Toddler Time today was BUNNIES, of course! 

I’m getting a little tired of bunnies this week after four bunny programs in a row.

Mystery Box: When we opened the yellow box, we found a little white bunny.

We handed out bunnies to everyone and sang two songs:




Put your bunnies up, put your bunnies down.
Hold your bunny & turn around.
Put your bunnies up, put your bunnies down.
Put your bunny on the ground.

Also:

There's a Little Bunny
(to the tune of Happy and You Know It)
There's a little bunny sitting on my toe,
There's a little bunny sitting on my toe,
He is sitting on my toe, then off away he goes,
There is no little bunny on my toe.

There's a little bunny sitting on my knee,
There's a little bunny sitting on my knee,
He is sitting on my knee, just watch and he will flee,
There is no little bunny on my knee.

There's a little bunny sitting on my head,
There's a little bunny sitting on my head,
He is sitting on my head, then away he goes to bed,
There is no little bunny on my head.

(from Libraryland




Books We Read:
Peekaboo Blueberry- Saltzberg (loved it)
Bunny’s Garden
Peekaboo Bunny- Suplice (so cute but most of my toddlers were just not that interested)



Flannel Story: Five Little Bunnies in the Flower Bed



5 little bunnies in the flower bed
1 jumped high and bumped his head
Mama came a hoppin and she said
“No more bunnies hopping in the flower bed!”
(Repeat 4,3,2,1)

I love this cute variation of Five Little Monkeys because its perfect for spring and most people are familiar with that rhyme.

Puppet: Two Little Bunnies



2 little bunnies playing in the dirt
One named Gus, one named Gert
Hop away Gus, Hop away Gert
Hop back Gus, Hop back Gert!

Craft: Cotton Ball Bunnies



I printed a bunny shape on cardstock for the kids to color. Then we glued on a cotton ball tail. They came out really cute!


We had a HUGE group today so I was VERY grateful that I planned an extremely simple craft! Since it was Good Friday, I wasn’t sure how many people to expect but I guess everyone was looking for something to do. Some people left at craft time “because it was too crazy” which is fine. One of the moms gave me a card and told me that she read it was National Librarian Day and OMG there was $$ inside. I felt kind of bad accepting it but she insisted, explaining that people pay money for classes like mine and her daughter really enjoys the Library so I kept it. I was really touched; nothing like that ever really happened to me before. Maybe I’ll find some new puppets to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment