Thursday, April 17, 2014

preschool fun: bunnies!

Today, our theme was the BUNNIES & also FOOD!




Books We Read:
Too Many Bunnies- Novak
Who Hops- Davis
Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit- Na
Mmm, Lets Eat- Koponen
If You’re Hoppy- Sayre

Other Good Bunny/Spring Related Books:
Little White Rabbit- Henkes
Oh So Tiny Bunny- Kirk


Flannel Story: White Rabbit’s Color Book




I fell in love with this flannel board a long time ago when I first saw it on Sunflower Storytime. I had a really hard time finding the right containers to use for some reason. I’ve been telling this story all spring and its so fun to do. The kids love it too!



Feed the Bunny Activity:




First, I passed out laminated carrots to all the kids for the next song:


I’m a little bunny soft and white
I think veggies are out of sight!
I love to eat carrots but I have none!
So step right up and give me one.
(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

The kids really liked feeding carrots to the bunny.


Craft: Bunny mobile




I found this craft here.


This site has so many great templates & ideas. I printed the bunnies on white cardstock and the carrots on orange. We decorated with crayons and green glitter. We used ribbon to hang the carrots. So cute!


We had 4 boys attend today. 3 of them were completely uninterested in my program. I considered ending quickly but one little boy is a regular and LOVES the books so I kept going for him. The craft and the Feed the Bunny activity were most successful. 

Although I did this flannel story several times for preschool classes that visited my library this month, I really messed it up this time! I think I was distracted by all the distractions! So that was a bummer, I tried to cover up the best I could. Not my best day tho.

One funny moment: When one of our regulars came in this morning, he looked up at me and said, "Miss Amy, the front of the library looks just like Monticello!" LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment