Friday, March 28, 2014

baby & me: Peekaboo Elephant!


Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found an ELEPHANT! What color is an elephant?



Books We Read:
Where’s Ellie- Yoon (love her books!)
Peekaboo- Gomi (silly & fun!)
Peekaboo Baby – Miller (short & sweet!)


Flannel Story: Where Is Elephant?



I modeled this one after the Where Is Snowman? one that I made a few weeks back. I already have four trees so I just made a little felt elephant to hide. SO easy! We sang:

Where is Elephant? Where is elephant?
Here I am, here I am!
Hiding behind green tree, hiding behind green tree.
Look and see, look and see. (tune: Frere Jacques)

It worked great!

Puppet: I hid my elephant finger puppet (that was in the mystery box today) behind my felt tree and sang:

Where is elephant? PEEKABOO!
Where is elephant? PEEKABOO!
Where is elephant? PEEKABOO!
Where is elephant? PEEKABOO to Ellie! (tune: Skip to My Lou)

It's always a hit with the babies!

A larger group today with lots of little ones! Wondering if the nicer weather will bring more babies like last year...

No comments:

Post a Comment