Tuesday, January 28, 2014

winter wonderland party


First, we read three winter themed books:





Here Comes Jack Frost- Kohara
The Lonesome Polar Bear- Cabrera
Sneezy the Snowman- Wright

We also did a flannel story called Hey Mr. Snowman. I found the words here

I found a perfect snowman felt template here

Hey, Mr. Snowman

I went walking

through a winter wonderland

and spied a frosty snowman

who needed a hand.


Hey, Mr. Snowman, what do you need?

"I need BLACK EYES. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, what do you see?
"I see an ORANGE CARROT. Put it on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?
"I see a BLACK TOP HAT. Put it on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?
"I see some BROWN STICKS. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see a GREEN SCARF. Put it on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see some RED MITTENS. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see some BLUE BUTTONS. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see some YELLOW BOOTS. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see the coolest snowman ever. Me!"





After the stories, we brought out refreshments & our craft: Polar Bear puppets from Kidsoup.



I drew a template for the bear’s head, ears, and hands onto white card stock for the kids to cut out. I pre-cut the nose/mouth from white foam sheets for them. They glued everything together & taped it to white styrofoam cups; each one was slightly unique and all were just adorable! Maybe one of my favorite crafts ever!

For refreshments, we served all white foods: donut holes with powdered sugar, mini marshmallows and white chocolate chips.

I also hid different colored mittens all over the program room and if the kids could find 2 matching mittens, they won a prize! 

We didn’t have a huge crowd today but they were very enthusiastic! As the kids were leaving one sweet little girl looked up and asked, “Miss Amy, what are you having for dinner tonight?” So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment