Thursday, January 23, 2014

baby & me: Time for Bed!


Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found Five Little Monkeys! What does a monkey say? 




Books We Read: 
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (with puppets!) - Christelowe
Beddy Bye, Baby- Katz


Flannel Story: Five Little Babies Asleep in Their Beds
We sang this to the tune 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall! I found this cute idea on a great site called Storytime All-stars.





5 little babies asleep in their beds,
5 little babies asleep!
Take one out, Rock her/him about!
4 little babies asleep in their beds.
(Repeat 4,3,2,1)

My "babies" are actually baby shower invitations that I laminated!


Puppet:
Monkey in a Barrel (by Folkmanis)

We sang:
Where Is Monkey? Peek a BOO!
Where Is Monkey? Peek a BOO!
Where Is Monkey? Peek a BOO!
Peek a BOO to Monkey!


It is a lovely 10 degrees outside today so I wasn’t expecting a big turnout, but we had a wonderful group of about 12 babies. It sounded like everyone needed to get out of the house for a little while after a week of frigid, snowy weather. A very fun program today; everyone loved the Five Little Monkeys book and my Monkey puppet. I also tried out a couple of new rhymes that I LOVE: Wake Up Feet and Oh I Wish I was a Little Bar of Soap from jbrary.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment