Tuesday, January 7, 2014

baby & me: All about Babies


Happy New Year! 

My first post for 2014:

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a picture of a baby. What is the baby doing? Hiding under a blanket!

Books We Read: 
Baby Parade- O’Connell (love this one, i try to get the babies to wave at the babies in the book)
Peek a Baby – Katz (fun lift the flap book)




Flannel Story: Ten Little Babies

I found this idea on Flannel Friday, its from one of my favorite blogs, Future Librarian Superhero. I couldn't create the cute felt babies that she made so I used baby photos from the internet instead. Everyone seemed to like it!

I placed the baby pics on the board one at a time & we counted up:

1 little, 2 little, 3 little babies;
4 little, 5 little, 6 little babies; 
7 little, 8 little, 9 little babies;
10 little babies go clap clap clap!

Then we counted back down as we removed the babies from the board:

10 little, 9 little, 8 little babies;
7 little, 6 little, 5 little babies; 
4 little, 3 little, 2 little babies;
1 little baby goes clap clap clap!


A nice sized group today (10 babies), especially considering the cold weather with snow on the way for later this afternoon. I was afraid no one would show up for Baby & Me today! Some moms said that they wanted to get out of the house before the bad weather arrived.

Trying to get back into the swing after the holidays is rough, I even forgot my drum this morning!!

Toddler Time for 1/3/14 was cancelled, our branch was closed that morning  due to snow. This winter has been brutally cold and quite snowy so far -- not good!

No comments:

Post a Comment