Monday, December 23, 2013

toddler time: Gingerbread Fun!


Our toddler theme today was GINGERBREAD.



Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a gingerbread man! What color is the gingerbread man’s shirt? Yellow!

We passed out gingerbread man puppets to each child for our next rhyme:
Put your gingerbread men UP, put your gingerbread men DOWN
Hold your gingerbread men and turn around!
Put your gingerbread men UP, put your gingerbread men DOWN
Put your gingerbread men down on the ground





Books We Read:
Maisy Makes Gingerbread- Cousins
The Gingerbread Family- Maccarone


Great Gingerbread Rhymes:

Stir a bowl of gingerbread,
Smooth and spicy brown.
Roll it with a rolling pin,
Up and up and down.
With a cookie cutter,
Make some little men.
Put them in the oven,
Till half past ten.

Gingerbread Song (tune "The Muffin Man")
Oh, do you know the Gingerbread Man,
The Gingerbread Man, the Gingerbread Man?
Oh, do you know the Gingerbread Man,
Who ran and ran and ran?

He said, "Catch me if you can,
If you can, if you can."
He said, "Catch me if you can,
Then ran and ran and ran.

I can run like the Gingerbread Man.
The Gingerbread Man, the Gingerbread Man.
I can run like the Gingerbread Man.
Now catch me if you can.

Gingerbread (to the tune of "Frere Jacques")
Gingerbread, Gingerbread,
Yum, Yum, Yum! Yum, Yum, Yum!
I like gingerbread! I like gingerbread!
In my tummy! In my tummy!



Flannel Story: 5 Yummy Gingerbread Boys


One yummy gingerbread boy
with buttons of blue.
________ bakes another one.

Now there are TWO!
Two yummy gingerbread boys,
by the winter tree.

________ bakes another one.
Now there are THREE!

Three yummy gingerbread boys,
with sprinkles galore.

________ bakes another one.
Now there are FOUR!
Four yummy gingerbread boys,
they almost look alive!

________ bakes another one.
Now there are FIVE!



Puppet Songs:

I begin by showing this adorable gingerbread house that I got on Etsy. I tell everyone that I am looking for my gingerbread boy.



Where is My Gingerbread Man?
(to the tune of "Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?")
Oh where, oh where is my Gingerbread Man?
Oh where, oh where can he be?
He popped out of the oven and ran out the door.
Oh where, oh where can he be?



Maybe he’s behind this little door? We check but he’s not there!

Do you think he’s INSIDE the house? Should we check? Let’s count 1,2,3 – there he is!



Do you know what this gingerbread boy likes to do? Run!!!!

The Gingerbread Man(tune of "The Wheels on the Bus")
The Gingerbread Man runs through the town,
Through the town, through the town.
The Gingerbread Man goes through the town,
Singing, "Catch me if you can!"

He found a friend of his, someone who is black & white and says MOO. Do you know who it is?

He ran away from a cow,
From a cow, from a cow.
He ran away from a cow,
Singing, "Catch me if you can!"




Repeat with PIG (someone pink who says Oink) & DOG (someone furry who says Woof!) & FOX (someone with orange fur and a pointy nose)OR whatever puppets you have on hand.

Then he came to a fox,
To a fox, to a fox.
Then he came to a fox,
And the fox said, "You can trust me."
Then he ate him up!
Yes sir-ee!

I made this fox from orange felt and his mouth opens so he can eat the gingerbread boy.


Craft: We made gingerbread ornaments from Oriental Trading Co. today & everyone loved them!



Another wonderful class today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment