Saturday, December 7, 2013

baby & me: Cluck Cluck Chicken




Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a feather! What color is our feather? Blue!

I tried to let everyone touch the feather for a moment. Then, I asked them who has feathers? Birds and CHICKENS! And I pulled out my Folkmanis Hen puppet & we sang:

The hen in the nest goes Cluck, cluck, cluck!
Cluck, cluck, cluck
Cluck, cluck, cluck
The hen in the nest goes Cluck, cluck, cluck
All day long! (tune: Wheels on the Bus)

I pulled out my barn puppet set & we sang for “the cow in the field” & “the pig in the pen.”


Books We Read:
Hello Day- Lobel
Big Fat Hen- Baker
Charlie the Chicken- Denchfield


Flannel Story: from Mel’s Desk: This Little Chick

I put my chicks on the board one at a time as we said this rhyme:
This little chick is yellow
This little chick is brown
This little chick is pink
And this little chick is upside down!



Then, I said that is silly, right? And we fixed him so he was right side up & we counted all four chicks.

Puppet: Hen puppet (see above)

A small group today. Many of the moms seemed more interested in chatting & the kids were distracted as well, it usually happens that way. I cut things short again & brought out the toys. If the adults choose not to participate, it’s really difficult to keep the attention of the babies and that affects the type of program I can do. If the parents are responding, we can have a longer, better program.

No comments:

Post a Comment