Friday, December 20, 2013

baby & me: Presents!


Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a reindeer! Check out his cool green & red striped scarf!






Books We Read: 
Its Holiday Time- Bennett (colorful illustrations & short rhyming text really worked for this age group.
With Love from Maisy- Cousins (just showed the presents & what was inside each one.)

Fun Holiday Rhyme:

Mix and Stir
Mix and stir and pat in the pan
(make stirring motion with Baby's hands, then pat baby’s tummy.)
I’m going to make a gingerbread man
(Trace outline of baby’s shape on head and shoulders with index fingers.)
With a nose so neat (Touch baby’s nose.)
And a smile so sweet (Touch baby’s mouth.)
And gingerbread shoes on his gingerbread feet. (Touch baby’s feet.)


Flannel Story: Three Gifts

I found this idea on an awesome blog: In the Children's Room.

I stacked three presents on top of each other with a felt heart at the bottom for this cute rhyme:



I hope there’s something waiting in this big box just for me.
What can it be? Lets unwrap it in 1,2,3…



Its another box!
I hope there’s something waiting in this blue box just for me.
What can it be? Lets unwrap it in 1,2,3…




Its another box!
I hope there’s something waiting in this green box just for me.
What can it be? Lets unwrap it in 1,2,3…




It’s a heart!
I opened all my boxes and what did I see?
Love from my family & friends, just waiting there for me!


Puppet: Three White Mice in a Box

Three White Mice
My red box is a present
But it isn’t what you think
There are three little friends inside
With noses that are pink

Can you guess what they are
They are three white mice!
With their long white tails
Don’t they look nice?

(But they like their home
As you can see
They’re going back in
So say goodbye, 1 2 3)



A small group today, all girls! The babies were more interested in the shaker eggs that me for most of the program, but they did love the mouse puppet!

No comments:

Post a Comment