Tuesday, November 12, 2013

toddler time: Hold Your Horses!


Our toddler theme today was HORSES and FARMS!

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a horse finger puppet! What does a horse say? Neigh!!

We passed out horse popsicle stick puppets to each child for our next rhyme:

Put your horses UP, put your horses DOWN
Hold your horse and turn around!
Put your horses UP, put your horses DOWN
Put your horse down on the ground 




Books We Read:
Horsey Up & Down - Church
Clip Clop - Smee


Flannel Story: Up You Get 




I found this awesome idea here and I copied it the best I could!! After  reading the book Clip Clop, I pulled out the box and we added the animals one at a time and Mr Horse gave them a little ride. It was a nice complement to the book reading.


Prop: Old MacDonald barn puppet show




I broke out my farm animal puppets and we all sang a few rounds of Old McDonald! Love this prop! (You can find more info on my barn here.)


Craft:
We made these adorable rocking horses using small paper plates! So easy & fun! I found this idea here and got my horse clip art here!




I feel like this was a great theme and everyone loved the craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment