Thursday, October 3, 2013

baby & me: eat your veggies


Our Baby & Me theme for today was VEGETABLES & FOOD.

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a spoon! What do we do with a spoon? We eat!




Books We Read: 
Eat - Intrater
Spoonful- Marchon
I Like Vegetables- Siminovich

Flannel Story: The Vegetable Song (tune: Twinkle Twinkle)
I found this cute song here 




Carrots, peas, and broccoli
Vegetables are good for me
For a snack and for my lunch
Veggies sure are great to munch
Carrots, peas, and broccoli
Vegetables are good for me


Flannel Story Part 2

Later, I pulled out my little felt board, added a tomato & an eggplant and explained that there was a little baby hiding in the vegetables so lets see if we can find it. One at a time, we checked under each veggie until we found the baby (under the broccoli of course!)




Prop:  Felt Apple & Worm (from here  AND here )
Mine is finger puppet size and my worm is made from an extra black glove.






I found an apple on the ground
It looked delicious, red, and round
I picked it up and took a nibble
Oh my goodness, there's a worm in the middle!!!!




Today’s group was slightly smaller than we usually have (15 babies) but we had a wonderful class and a little more room to move around.

No comments:

Post a Comment