Friday, September 20, 2013

baby & me: sounds around us


Today, our Baby & Me theme was SOUNDS

Mystery Box: We found a little tambourine in the yellow box today. Do you hear the bells?




Books We Read: 
Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear- Carle
What Does Baby Say- Begin Smart Books for Smart Babies
The Noisy Book- Gecko Press (I paper clipped pages because this book is very long but we didn’t have time today)


Flannel Story: There’s Someone in My Garden (credit: Storytiming)

There’s someone in my garden
Someone I cannot see
There’s someone in my garden
Whoever can it be?




Since our theme today was sounds, I made the noises for the animals that were hiding behind a leaf: Ribbit (frog), Hoot (owl), Squeak (mouse), Hisss (snake).




Puppet:  I pulled owl, duck and bird nest puppets for The Owl in the Tree (tune: Skip to my Lou)




Owl in the tree goes hoo hoo hoo,
Owl in the tree goes hoo hoo hoo,
Owl in the tree goes hoo hoo hoo,
Hoo Hoo Hoo my darling!

(repeat for Birds in the nest go tweet & duck in the pond goes quack)
Credit: Mel's Desk


Although most of the babies seemed completely uninterested in today’s books, the flannel board & puppet song went great. We had a nice sized group today with about 18 babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment