Saturday, September 7, 2013

baby & me: hello bunny


Our theme for this week was HELLO & GOODBYE, and also BUNNIES

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a bunny – it was Max (from Rosemary Wells’ Max & Ruby series)



Books We Read:
Hi Blueberry – Saltzberg (Everyone joined in to wave hello & goodbye to the various animals Blueberry sees)
Who Lives Here- Croyle (I felt like no one paid attention to this, may have been too small)

Flannel Story: Who Is Knocking at My Door?

I found this awesome felt board on Flannel Friday from one of my favorite bloggers: Storytime Secrets. She even includes a link to the clip art!! I did shorten it to three verses & instead of showing grandparents, I changed the third verse to a baby.  


Begin each verse by pretending to knock on a door. I used a table. Sing to tune: London Bridge

Who is knocking at my door, at my door, at my door?
Who is knocking at my door?
Look! It’s Mommy.
Let’s give Mom a great big kiss, great big kiss, great big kiss.
Let’s give Mom a great big kiss.
Goodbye, Mommy!
When you sing the word kiss, blow a kiss.

Who is knocking at my door, at my door, at my door?
Who is knocking at my door?
Look! It’s Daddy.
Let’s give Dad a great big hug, great big hug, great big hug.
Let’s give Dad a great big hug. 
Goodbye, Daddy! 
Hug your babies or kids can hug themselves.

Who is knocking at my door, at my door, at my door?
Who is knocking at my door?
Look! It’s Baby.
Let’s give Baby a great big smile, great big smile, great big smile.
Let’s give Baby a great big smile.
Goodbye, Baby!
Point to mouth & smile



Puppet:  Rabbit in a Hat from Folkmanis

Here is a bunny with ears so funny
And here is his magical hat
When a noise he hears,
He pricks up his ears
and he jumps in his magical hat.

We also did some peek a boo with our bunny rabbit:

Where is Bunny? Peekaboo!
Where is Bunny? Peekaboo!
Where is Bunny? Peekaboo!
Peekaboo to Bunny!

We had a great group with 15 babies (plus moms, a dad, two grandmas and a grandpa!) this morning, including a couple of new faces!


No comments:

Post a Comment