Friday, August 16, 2013

preschool fun: pockets for the kangaroos


Today’s preschool program themes were KANGAROOS and POCKETS


Books We Read:
Who Ate All the Cookie Dough- Beaumont
Seals on the Bus- Hort
Do Donkeys Dance - Walsh
Peek in my Pocket- Carter
Llama Llama Hoppity Hop- Dewdney


Songs and Rhymes We Did:
Open, Shut Them
Here Is a Beehive
Purple Stew
Touch Your Nose
Head & Shoulders, Knees & Toes

Un-Flannel Story: The Kangaroo Who Couldn’t Jump

Kangaroo (found on etsy.com) clothespinned to my box

Kangaroo's friends


I found a kangaroo story based on Nick Bruel’s picture book Boing and used my foamie clothespin kangaroo and various clipart puppets to tell it to my preschoolers. I found this great idea here (http://thestorytimelady.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/boing-boing-a-kangaroo-jumping-story/




Craft:
We made these adorable kangaroo stick puppets with felt pockets for the baby kangaroos!


I found the cool idea to glue on felt pockets on this awesome blog: http://tippytoecrafts.blogspot.com/2011/06/kangaroos.html

No comments:

Post a Comment