Saturday, August 31, 2013

baby & me: summer


It's the last week of August and I'm already missing summer, so our Baby & Me theme for this week was SUMMER & BUTTERFLIES.




Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a beautiful butterfly puppet. What color is our butterfly? Orange & black.

Books We Read: (My reading choices bombed this week for some reason, maybe everyone else is sick of summer & ready for the fall…)

Baby Loves Summer – Katz
Butterfly, Butterfly – Horacek (I just pointed out some of  the insects & showed the pop out butterfly at the end)
Mouse’s First Summer - Thompson

Flannel Story: I Went to the Beach

I found this idea on a site called Nuttin But Preschool. (I changed the fish and shell to a starfish and a sea horse)






I went to the beach
And what did I see?
A bird on the sand 
Looking at me! (Make a beak with fingers that opens & closes)

I went to the beach
And what did I see?
A seahorse in the water (Move hand like a fish swimming)
Splashing at me!

I went to the beach
And what did I see?
A starfish on the sand 
Smiling at me! (Point to mouth & smile)

I went to the beach
And what did I see? 
A crab in its shell (wave)
Waving at me!

I also think this might be a good one from Storytime Secrets, maybe next time: 

We're Going to the Beach (Tune: Farmer in the Dell. Tap your knees or clap to the beat)
Original idea from Hummingbird Educational Resources.

We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see some flip-flops there!
We're going to the beach.

We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see a castle there!
 We're going to the beach.

We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see a starfish there!
 We're going to the beach.

We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see a beach ball there!
 We're going to the beach.

 We're going to the beach,
We're going to the beach.
I think we'll see a seashell there!
 We're going to the beach.


Puppet:  Butterfly Song (tune: Twinkle Twinkle)

Flutter, flutter butterfly!
Floating in the deep blue sky!
Floating by for all to see
Floating by so merrily
Flutter, flutter butterfly!
Floating in the deep blue sky!

We had a lovely group of about 20 babies today. Very exciting news to report: our baby changing table has finally been installed YAYYY! Everyone clapped at this announcement (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment