Friday, August 16, 2013

baby & me: monkeys for me


Our Baby theme for this week was MONKEYS.

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a little stuffed monkey. He is really Curious George!



Books We Read:
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed- Christelowe (Once again, I invited all the parents to join in and it was wonderful!!
Whose Ears- Rowe (Babies seem to love the bright colors in this series.)
Monkey and Me- Gravett (We didn’t have time today but this one is always a hit with my babies!)


Flannel Story: Three Little Monkeys

I used my DIY felt tree for this short rhyme. I made this tree using brown felt rolled to make a tube. I hot glued the ends and added a green treetop shape to the top. I put my hand inside to make it stand up for stories and rhymes. I use it all the time, especially in the fall for leaf and apple felt stories. It's also great for bird and animal flannels. I was in a hurry so I just printed and laminated these monkeys but felt monkeys would work too.



Here is the rhyme:
Three little monkeys sitting in a tree
Eating up bananas just like me
One had a frown,
One had a grin!
One had banana all over his chin!


Puppet:  My Folkmanis Monkey in a Barrel Puppet was perfect for today’s theme so he came out for a round of “Peek a Boo!” The kids LOVED him!

Where is monkey? Peek a BOO!
Where is monkey? Peek a BOO!
Where is monkey? Peek a BOO!
Peek a Boo to Monkey (tune: Skip to my Lou)

A wonderful program today with 19 babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment