Tuesday, July 23, 2013

toddler time: lions


Today’s toddler theme was LIONS!


Lion puppets, books and crafts!


Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a lion finger puppet

Books We Read:
Do Lions Live on Lily Pads- Melanie Walsh
One Yellow Lion - Matthew Van Fleet
We’re Going on a Lion Hunt- Margery Cuyler
Says Who- David Carter

Flannel Story: Deep in the Jungle



Deep in the Jungle
What did I hear?
Five ferocious lions
Roaring loud and clear
ROAR said the lions
SCAT said I
And one ferocious lion ran away
Good bye!

My lions are clip art that I printed in various sizes and laminated.

Puppet: We used our lion stick puppets for:

Rhyme #1
Lions UP, Lions DOWN
Hold your lion and turn around!
Lions UP, Lions DOWN
Put your lions on the ground.

Rhyme #2
(tune: Frere Jacques)
I’m a lion, I’m a lion
Yes I am! Yes I am!
Listen to me talk now, Listen to me talk now
I’m a lion! I’m a lion!


Craft:
We made cute lion paper bag puppets today! I found the template here.

No comments:

Post a Comment