Tuesday, July 16, 2013

preschool fun: fruity fun

CROCODILES & FRUITS were the themes of our preschool program today.


Books We Read:
Whose Nose- Rowe
The Watermelon Seed- Pizzoli
Land Ahoy, Mr Croc- Lodge
Go Go Grapes-Sayre
Do Crocs Kiss?- Yoon

Also Read:
Pete the Cat: The Wheels on the Bus - Dean (LOVE this new book!)

Flannel Story: Yummy Watermelon 




A fun counting flannel that goes from one to ten.
(for more info, click here)

Fruit Songs and Rhymes:

Strawberries, Bananas, Watermelon Too! 
(Sing to the tune of “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star”)
Strawberries, bananas, watermelon too; 
Good for me and good for you! 
They are tasty; they are sweet. 
All are such a yummy treat. 
Strawberries, bananas, watermelon too; 
Good for me and good for you!

Two Big Lemons
(Sung to: This Old Man) 
Way up high, in a tree (hold hands up as high as possible)Two big lemons smiled at me 
(put hand on cheeks smile)So I shook that tree with all my power; (Pretend to shake a tree)
Down came the lemons, whoa, they were SOUR!! (make sour face)


Craft:




I found these adorable crocodile puppets on author Jeanette Rowe's website (click here) and they were super easy to make. I printed the templates on green cardstock, we cut them out in advance and the kids just decorated and attached the popsicle sticks.



No comments:

Post a Comment