Thursday, July 18, 2013

baby & me: here are a few of my favorite things...

Our baby theme for today was Miss Amy’s Favorite Things

I was running short on time this morning so I pulled some of my most favorite, "no fail" books and rhymes.

Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found two pretty bluebirds! What does a bird say? Tweet Tweet!



I cut my birdies from blue foam sheets and put them on popsicle sticks. We used them for the rhyme below.

Books We Read:
Where Is Baby’s Belly Button? – Karen Katz (We have a larger board book version, very colorful! We all point to the body parts as we read this book))
Moo Baa La La La- Boynton (Extra fun because the parents joined in with the animal sounds!)
Smile – Intrater (You can never go wrong with cute photos of adorable babies, plus the short text is great for this age group.)

Flannel Story: Popcorn!



I found this flannel idea at Mel’s Desk – thanks, Mel!!! This flannel board is so cute!

Next time, I will have the parents join in more because I think the babies would enjoy a nice loud POP! Maybe I’ll use my drum.

Five little kernels sitting in the pot
All of the sudden, one went POP!
(count down to 4,3,2,1)

Puppet: Two Little Bluebirds
Two little bluebirds sitting on a cloud
One named Quiet, one named Loud
Fly away Quiet, Fly away Loud
Come back Quiet, Come back Loud!


We had a fun group today with about 16 babies and 17 adults. I missed my babies last week when I was on vacation and the previous week for the July 4th holiday, so it was wonderful to see everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment