Thursday, July 25, 2013

baby & me: hold your horses


Our theme for today’s baby program was HORSES & FARMS



Mystery Box: Inside our yellow box, we found a horse puppet. What does a horse say?

Books We Read:
Farm – James Brown (We sang Old Mac Donald to four animals in this book)
Giddy Up! Let’s Ride- Flora MacDonell

Flannel Story: I Gave My Horse an Apple



I gave my horse an apple
And he gave me a NEIGH!
I gave my horse a carrot &
He turned his head this way.
I gave my horse some sugar
And he gave me a smile
And took me for a ride that lasted half a mile!

I found this cute felt story on a great blog called In the Children's Room.

Puppet:  Barnyard Friends

We sang “When Cows Get up in the Morning” for three of the little puppets in this set. I also used my horse puppet to play peek-a-boo with the babies.

Where is Horse? Peek a BOO!
Where is Horse? Peek a BOO!
Where is Horse? Peek a BOO!
Peek a boo to Horsie!
(tune: Skip to My Lou)


We had a great group of babies today! One of the moms stopped on her way in to tell me how much I was missed while I was on vacation earlier this month. So nice to hear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment