Friday, June 14, 2013

baby & me: eggs


Our baby theme today was EGGS and DUCKLINGS.

Mystery Box:
Inside the yellow box, there was a white egg! When we popped open the egg, there was ... a baby duckling finger puppet

Today We Read:
On the Farm- Elliott (We sang Old MacDonald for three of the animals in the book)
I Love Ducklings

Flannel Story: Humpty Dumpty Sat on the Wall

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, And all the king's horses, And all the king's men, Couldn't put Humpty together again...

Because Humpty was an EGG!

My rhyme and pattern are from Judy Sierra (love her!)

Puppet Rhyme:
My new stuffed barn animal set for When Cows Get Up in the Morning made another appearance. This time, we met a cow, a rooster and a duck. I just love this little set!

We had a smaller group today due to terrible monsoon like storms in the area. The weather this spring had been so unpredictable. Our group of nine babies (plus nine moms and two dads) had lots of new faces that I hope to see again. The mother of one of our regular attendees told me that her son says my name at home now but of course he wouldn’t say it for me! Maybe next time (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment