Monday, April 29, 2013

toddler time: bunnies


Our toddler time theme today was BUNNIES!

Books We Read:
Llama Llama Hippity Hop – Dewkney
Who HopsDavis
Bunny’s Garden

Other Fun Bunny Books:
Little Bunny- Lauren Thompson
White Rabbit’s Color Book- Baker
Too Many Bunnies – Matt Novak
Oh So Tiny Bunny- David Kirk

Flannel Board: Hippity Hop



Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
Five little bunnies went out to play.
Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
One little bunny hopped away.
Hippity-hop, hippity-hay
Four little bunnies went out to play.

(Continue rhyme until all bunnies hop away.)
- Clipart bunnies from sweetclipart.com



Activity:
There’s a Little Bunny



I handed out paper bunnies with colorful pom pom tails to each child and we used them for this rhyme:
 (to the tune of Happy and You Know It)

There's a little bunny sitting on my toe,
There's a little bunny sitting on my toe,
He is sitting on my toe, then off away he goes,
There is no little bunny on my toe.
There's a little bunny sitting on my knee,
There's a little bunny sitting on my knee,
He is sitting on my knee, just watch and he will flee,
There is no little bunny on my knee.
There's a little bunny sitting on my head,
There's a little bunny sitting on my head,
He is sitting on my head, then away he goes to bed,
There is no little bunny on my head.

 I found this cute activity on a great blog called Libraryland!




Craft:
Bunny puppets (in the grass)



We colored a little bunny, added a cotton ball tail and popsicle stick to the back. We put a hole in a paper cup and taped on some construction paper grass so the kids could make their bunnies hop. Very cute and so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment