Monday, April 8, 2013

baby & me: feed me


It was another great day for our baby program! Today’s theme was FOOD, especially FRUIT

Mystery Box:
Today, the little yellow box contained an orange.  Technically, a clementine but I don’t think it mattered to the babies.

Books Read:
Yummy Yucky- Patricelli
I Like Fruit- Siminovich
Counting Peas – Wells

Also Read:
Peekaboo – Price


Flannel Story: Peekaboo Caterpillar


On a wonderful blog called Mel's Desk, I found a great idea to hide the Very Hungry Caterpillar underneath different fruits and try to find him. I printed and laminated a small caterpillar and made some felt fruit.

When I showed the fruits to the babies, I told them I was looking for a caterpillar and recited this little rhyme I made up:

I’m looking for a caterpillar
We’re playing hide and seek!
Is he hiding under this orange?
Let’s take a peek!


Puppet:

To go with my food theme, I made a Peapod Puppet (also found on Flannel Friday!) with pom pom peas, like I saw here. I used this rhyme:

Five Little Peas
Five little peas in a pea pod pressed,
One grew, two grew and so did all the rest.
They grew and they grew and they did not stop!
Until one day the pod went...POP!

I wish I had done this earlier in the program because by the time I got to this part many babies were really ready for playtime and I’m not sure they noticed my cute peas. Maybe next time!

We had another record breaking attendance day: 15 babies and 16 adults!




No comments:

Post a Comment