Friday, March 15, 2013

baby & me: time to sleep


Mystery Box:
A black bat finger puppet to introduce our Night Time/Bedtime theme!

Books Read:
Little Black Book- Renee Khatami
Ten in the Bed- Ellwand
More on this theme:
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star- Jane Cabrera
Good Night – Benoit Marchon

Flannel Board:




Hey Diddle Diddle
The cat & the fiddle
The cow jumped over the moon!
The little dog laughed 
to see such a sight
And the dish ran away with the spoon!


Puppet:
My bear in a tree stump puppet makes yet another appearance for
“Where Is Bear?”


I experimented this morning with a new activity. About half way through the program, they babies start to get antsy so we all stand up and march in place to my lollipop drum for a few minutes while singing a little marching song. 

Afterwards, I walked to each baby in our group and let them tap out the syllables of their name on my drum, along with the caregiver’s help. I wasn’t sure how the babies would react and I was a little nervous that I’d lose their attention for the rest of the program but it was a huge success. I saw a lot of smiling babies as I made my way thru the group. I found this idea in a wonderful blog of course: (Abby the Librarianthanks Abby!) and I’m definitely adding this to my program, maybe even on a weekly basis.

11 babies and 13 adults attended this cold & windy March morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment