Friday, March 1, 2013

baby & me: winter


Mystery Box:
To catch the interest of the babies, I always start with my yellow box:
"Here is a box, here is the lid
let's look inside and see what we hid!"

This week, we found a pretty felt snowflake to kick off our Winter theme!

Books Read:
Dinosaur’s Binkit -  Boynton (not a great choice today, a few babies started wandering!)
Winter Snow- Slegers (just okay for this group)

Flannel Board:



Snow Ball, snow ball
Cold and round
Behind which mitten can you be found?


Puppets:



Mitten Song with popsicle sticks (tune: Skip to My Lou)
One red mitten, what’ll I do?
One red mitten, what’ll I do?
One red mitten, what’ll I do?
I’ll find the other one now there’s two!
YAY (mittens clap!)
Repeat with blue and green!

Chubby Little Snowman




A chubby little snowman
Had a carrot nose
Along came a bunny
And what do you suppose?

That hungry little bunny
was looking for some lunch
He saw that snowman's carrot nose
And went nibble, nibble, crunch!



That chubby little bunny hopped into the woods.
He wiggled his ears as a good bunny should.

He hopped by a squirrel, he hopped by a tree.
He hopped by a bird and he hopped by me.

He stared at the squirrel. He stared at the tree.
He stared at the bird and he made faces at me.

Although the babies weren't too interested in my book selections for this week, the puppets and flannel board worked out great! We had four new very little babies attend in addition to our "regulars" so it was a wonderful group!


No comments:

Post a Comment