Thursday, February 28, 2013

preschool visit: bear hugs


In a pinch, I've learned you can never go wrong with a bear theme; there are so many great books, flannel boards and crafts ideas, plus kids love bears.

Books Read:
Brown Bear Brown Bear, What Do You See?- Martin
Three Bears- Barton (one of my all time favorite read aloud books)
In My Den- Gillingham

Flannel Board:



“Little Bear, Little Bear,
Are you hiding under there?”

I hid my little brown bear behind a felt shape and let the kids find him. Simple idea but the kids enjoy it.

Puppet:
As usual, the hit of the day was my Bear puppet. I’m not sure who likes this guy more - me or the kids! Mr Bear hides down in the tree trunk and we try to wake him up with the adorable song:



(tune Frere Jacque)
Where is bear? Where is bear?
Here I am. Here I am.
How are you this winter?
Very tired, thank you.
Go to sleep. Go to sleep.
(Have kids shout “WAKE UP BEAR” to do the song again.)

Craft:
I found some bear clip art that I printed out on brightly colored card stock for the kids. We decorated them with crayons and stickers, and taped them to popsicle sticks to create cute bear puppets to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment